Thursday, December 24, 2009

in a rush

i found these pine cones at lake tahoe last summer, the forest floor was carpeted with them. fortunately i am currently in a 12 step programs for pine cone collectors, and believe me...it took everything inside of me not to rent a large u-haul to fill up with cones and bring back to the city. so many projects waiting.....

i hung these on the back stoop for 3 months to let all that sap dry up. i just took them as they hung on the stoop and moved them to the front door. my original intentions were to include a few bundles of fresh herbs, but i never made it that far. these did serve as a daily reminder that the holidays were coming.

now going to go beg to open just one little gift tonight. wish me luck.

5 comments:

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Darling boy. I think your address needs to be 27 Pine Street...Two peas in a pod, us.

I love you and cannot wait to see you. This will be my happiest Christmas ever!

xoxo

red ticking said...

love the cones... have em everywhere... even found some vintage ones sprayed in silver this year... they are on the wreath...

prashant said...

love the cones... have em everywhere..

How to make a website

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

love your pinecone story
i too am a collector of pinecones, perfectly round rocks, seaglass and shells - they make me happy
i am new to blogging if you ever feel like a warm hearty meal this winter check me out www.thymesaving.blogspot.com